Mar 12, 2020 – Easterseals Central Illinois is closely monitoring the developing COVID-19 situation and a taking proactive approach to protect patients, family members and staff. For the most up to date information please visit either of the sites linked below
- CDC Website: https://www.cdc.gov/
- Illinois Department of Public Health: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/
What is coronavirus?
According to the Illinois Department of Public Health, coronaviruses are a large family of viruses, some causing illness in people, and others that circulate among animals, including camels, cats, and bats. Rarely animal coronaviruses can evolve and infect people and then spread between people.
Human coronaviruses are common throughout the world and commonly cause mild to moderate illness in people worldwide. However, the emergence of novel (new) coronaviruses, such as SARS and MERS, have been associated with more severe respiratory illness.
What is Easterseals Central Illinois doing in response?
In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 Easterseals Central Illinois is implementing the following changes to our infection control policy:
- We are increasing our efforts to sanitize our facilities and equipment as a preventative measure. You will also notice additional signs within our facility reminding you to wash hands often. We also encourage you to wash hands upon entering our treatment rooms.
- Fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath, are the main symptoms of Coronavirus. We will be screening for these symptoms upon check-in for your appointment. Easterseals will cancel your appointment if you, your child or anyone in attendance for the appointment appears to be sick.
- If your child or anyone in your family is sick, please call in advance to cancel your scheduled therapy appointment.
Can my child come to therapy?
If your child or anyone in your family is sick, please call in advance to cancel your scheduled therapy appointment.
If your child was sick, he/she may return to therapy when the following criteria are met (please note the following criteria has been adjusted by our Medical Director and replaces the information currently found in your Parent Handbook):
- Fever free for 72 hours without the use of fever reducing medicines. A fever is considered to be 99.5 degrees or higher.
- If your child or anyone in your family has been exposed to Coronavirus, you must cancel appointments for 14 days after being exposed to the virus and be symptom free before returning to Easterseals services.
- No respiratory symptoms (coughing, shortness of breath, etc.) for 7 days.
- If your child does receive a positive Coronavirus diagnosis, a Dr.’s note will be required before returning to therapy services.
- Sickness with infectious symptoms, following recent travel outside of the U.S. will require a Dr.’s note before returning to therapy services.
- Finally, if your child has been absent for 3 or more consecutive sessions due to an illness or if your child is hospitalized, a Dr.’s note will be required before your child’s return to therapy services.
If you have questions or concerns regarding your services with Easterseals Central Illinois or our response to the coronavirus, please call (309)687-1177.
If you have questions or concerns about the coronavirus in general please contact The State Public Health Dept hotline. The number is 1 (800) 889-3931 or email DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV