Easterseals Central Illinois has always responded dynamically to the needs in our community. During this unprecedented time, we are once again acting swiftly and with compassion to safeguard the wellbeing of Easterseals clients, families, staff, volunteers, donors and the general public.
Today Easterseals Central Illinois announced the below actions designed to support mitigation strategies and to help slow the transmission of the virus in our communities. We are taking a phased approach to planning our course of action, naming this Phase I but keeping in mind that this is a fluid situation and we will continue to respond accordingly day to day.
Easterseals Central Illinois Phase I Response [March 17 thru March 31] to COVID-19:
- All therapy appointments will be canceled through March 31st 2020. The Peoria and Bloomington facilities will remain open during this time.
- We will continue to accept referrals at this time through all channels.
- Classes at the Easterseals Learning Academy will be on hold through March 31st 2020.
- Timber Pointe Outdoor Center programs are canceled through April 30th 2020.
- Child and Family Connections #14 and #16 will remain open to receive referrals, however home visits are on hold until April 15th 2020.
- All special events are postponed through April 30th 2020.
It is our mission to help children with developmental delays, disabilities and other special needs reach their full potential. We will continue to do so as we share resources on our blog and social media channel, as well as be available for families who need assistance to call (309)686-1177 during regular business hours.