For the second year in a row, Easterseals is inviting all of Central Illinois to participate in the Easterseals Community Rally, April 16th – 23rd. This week-long celebration is a chance for community members to rally in support of Easterseals Mission; to ensure that children with developmental delays, disabilities, and other special needs can reach their full potential
“The last two years have presented challenges for all of us, but for families of children with disabilities and special needs, those challenges have been even more complex and daunting,” said Katie Musisi, Vice President of Development for Easterseals Central Illinois. “The Easterseals Community Rally is an opportunity to celebrate those families and the progress made, and we want the whole of Central Illinois to join us in that celebration and ensure that families can continue to feel that support year-round through Easterseals services.”
The Easterseals Community Rally is made possible by CEFCU. Special thanks to our honorary co-chairs Illinois State University President Dr. Terri Goss Kinzy, and Bradley University President Dr. Stephen Standifird.
There are many ways to rally for Easterseals:
- Register for Run, Walk & Rally! A family-friendly 5K run /1 mile walk that celebrates participants of all abilities! Join us for a post-race party with prizes and games. Wheel chairs and strollers are welcomed and encouraged.
- Tune in to the week-long telethon! WMBD and Easterseals are teaming up to raise money to support therapy services for the children and families of Easterseals! Tune in to WMBD/WYZZ newscasts Monday, April 18th – Friday. April 22nd from 4-6 pm during Community Rally week to make your donation.
- Rally Your Own Way! Your support helps ensure that every child Easterseals serves can reach their full potential. Last year, Easterseals Central Illinois served over 5,000 families and provided 36,792 hours of pediatric therapy services.
- Host a Fundraiser: Create a fundraising page, host a small gathering or workplace challenge. There are so many ways to raise money for Easterseals and celebrate our message of inclusion and empowerment.
- Make a Donation: Find a list of upcoming fundraising events or make a direct donation now at Eastersealsci.com.
Learn More: Interested in learning more about Easterseals Central Illinois? Consider hosting an Easterseals 101 presentation for your workplace or community group to learn about our services and opportunities to get connected.
Learn more at Eastersealsci.com/CommunityRally